Taipei Songshan Airport
Taipei Songshan Airport is a rather newer airport compared to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport.
It’s smaller but in my opinion, more convenient if you are heading to downtown Taipei. It will only cost TWD 40 and is just a few stations away from Ximen MRT Station, which is where Ximending Shopping District is located.
Taipei Songshan Airport information counter
For this year’s holidays, Ian’s family planned a trip to Taiwan for 5 days. So from Kunming, where we currently reside in China, we had a layover before flying to Taipei. We landed in Songshan but had to transfer to Taoyuan because Ian’s family is arriving there from Manila. Read below to see what we gathered.
Songshan Airport Map
- From Songshan Airport, there are 2 ways to reach Taoyuan Airport : by BUS or by MRT.
- By BUS – will take you 1 hour and will cost TWD 125 per person.
- By MRT – will cost TWD 200 in total ($40 to Taipei Main Station and $160 to continue to Taipei Taoyuan Airport) per head.
- There are no free shuttle buses from these 2 airports.
- Earliest train leaves Songshan at 04:30 am.
- Last train at 22:45.
Bus Stop 6
How to get there:
- Upon stepping out from Songshan Airport, look for BUS STOP 6.
- Prepare TWD 125 because the bus doesn’t give any change.
- Take Bus number 1840.
- At about an hour, you will reach Taipei Taoyuan Int’l Airport.
- The bus stops at both Taoyuan Terminal 1 and 2, make sure you know which terminal you are heading to.
Bus stop 6
bus departure schedule
Songshan Airport bus information
- Bus 1840 is pretty well equipped with free WiFi and an individual USB charger on each seat.
- The bus is also wheelchair accessible which is a 2 thumbs up!
- When you arrive in Taoyuan Airport but are at the wrong terminal or missed your, taking the Sky Train is free in between the 2 terminals.
- However, if you do decide to take the MRT for your own reasons, you can take the train to Taipei Main Station, and continue on to Taipei Taoyuan Airport.
free wifi, no roaming number required
individual USB charger for each seat
bus interiors and seats
Over all, everything was pretty conveninent and we surely have no complaints with the ride.
finally in Taipei, on visa-free trial for Filipinos until July 31, 2018
Give us a like or a comment if you feel this article was useful!